Following revelations that a high-ranking member of Wikipedia’s bureaucracy used his cloak of anonymity to lie about being a professor of religion, the free Internet encyclopedia plans to ask contributors who claim such credentials to identify themselves.
- Articles that cite dead links
- College doesn’t allow Wiki citations in papers, Wikipedia agrees
- Anti-predator law targets Wikis
- Wikipedia seeks to reducejunk links
- When is it appropriate to delete a wiki article?
- Wiki’s are subject to pranksterism
Previously from WNM:
- Look up ‘Payola’ in Wikipedia
- Evaluating Wikipedia’s credibility
- Are Wikis too amateur, too flawed for academia?